When choosing between courier options for local and international shipping from Singapore, it's essential to consider the specific needs of your online store.
For example, is there a need for same-day delivery? How large or bulky are your parcels? Do you need delivery with insurance? What about tracking? As Singapore’s local postal service provider for over 160 years, Singapore Post (SingPost) is sure to be one of the courier options you consider.
Understanding the importance of speedy and reliable shipping in ecommerce, here’s everything you need to know about SingPost's delivery time and shipping rates for sending parcels, both locally and overseas.
SingPost local delivery options
SingPost offers a few different domestic post and courier services, ranging from basic letters and documents to small and medium-sized parcels.
SingPost Basic local
This covers letters and envelopes up to 500g in weight. Standard Regular is for envelopes sized C5, C6, and DL, while Standard Large is for envelopes up to C4. Non-standard-sized mail will be slightly more expensive.
For packages sent via SingPost Basic local mail, the parcel needs to be less than 324 x 229 x 65mm in dimension (slightly larger than A4) and can be up to 2kg in weight.
SingPost delivery time for Basic local:
- Standard Regular and Standard Large: 1 working day
- Non-Standard: 2 working days
- Packages: 2 working days
- Tracked mail: 2 working days
SingPost shipping rates for Basic local:
- Standard Regular: from $0.30
- Standard Large: from $0.60
- Non-Standard: from $0.60
- Packages: $1.50 untracked, $3 tracked
Mail sent via Basic local is by default untracked, but tracking is available for an additional $2.24 (Registered Service).
Speedpost is, in essence, SingPost express mail. While SingPost Basic local-only handles letters up to 500g and packages up to 2kg in weight, Speedpost is perfect for larger items. Both Speedpost Express and Speedpost Standard offer web and mobile tracking by default.
This is the fastest door-to-door collection and delivery courier service offered by SingPost. Speedpost Express items must be within 5kg in weight and 32 x 25 x 10cm in dimension.
SingPost courier rates and delivery time for Speedpost Express:
- Delivery within 2 hours of booking confirmation, if the booking is received before the cut off times (4 pm Mon-Fri, 11 am Sat, excluding Sundays and public holidays)
- Between $15-$25 depending on the distance (calculated based on postal code)
For less urgent deliveries and bulkier packages, there’s Speedpost Standard.
The maximum weight and size you can send via Speedpost Standard is 30kg and 60 x 40 x 30cm, and you can opt for POPStation collection if that is more convenient for the customer.
SingPost courier rates and delivery time for Speedpost Standard:
- Delivery within one working day if the booking is received before the cut off times (4.30 pm Mon-Fri, 11.30 am Sat, excluding Sundays and public holidays)
- $6 if the package is within the dimensions of 60 x 40 x 30cm; if dimensions are larger, but weight is still within 30kg, the shipping rate will be $12
SingPost overseas shipping options
When it comes to sending parcels overseas, the most common concern is balancing speed with price. While the tendency is to lean towards the cheapest shipping option, lower fees tend to mean longer delivery times.
As an online retailer, it’s important to consider that customers may want the option to pay more for expedited shipping. SingPost overseas shipping prices vary based on the mode and speed of delivery.
SingPost Basic overseas
SingPost overseas delivery time and rates are based on geographic zones.
- Zone 1: Malaysia & Brunei
- Zone 2: Countries in Asia & the Pacific (except Australia, Japan & New Zealand)
- Zone 3: Australia, Japan, New Zealand & rest of the world
Depending on the Zone or whether it’s a letter or package, shipping rates are tiered based on weight. The base rate covers the first 20g, and charges increase according to each additional weight tier.
Package dimensions should not exceed 600mm, with length, width, and height combined not exceeding 900mm. In roll form, the length of the package plus twice the diameter should not exceed 1,040mm, but the longest dimension on any side may not exceed 900mm.
There are also two modes of delivery offered – Airmail or Surface Mail.
The maximum weight allowed to be sent via Airmail, whether letters or small packages, is 2kg.
SingPost delivery time for Basic (International) Airmail:
- Zone 1: 5-14 working days
- Zone 2: 4-18 working days
- Zone 3: 4-24 working days
SingPost shipping rates for Basic (International) Airmail:
- Zone 1: from $0.70 for letters and $3.50 for packages
- Zone 2: from $0.80 for letters and $5.70 for packages
- Zone 3: from $1.40 for letters and $8.30 for packages
Registered Service (International) is available for Basic overseas mail for an additional $3.60.
There are two main differences between Airmail and Surface Mail: you can send only letters via Surface Mail, not packages, and Zone 1 (Malaysia & Brunei) is excluded from Surface Mail.
SingPost delivery time for Basic (International) Surface Mail:
- All countries excluding Malaysia & Brunei: 3-18 weeks
SingPost shipping rates for Basic (International) Surface Mail:
- All countries excluding Malaysia & Brunei: from $0.50 for 20g
Because of the long delivery times (the minimum wait is three weeks), it is generally not advisable for ecommerce sellers to send orders via SingPost Basic (International) Surface Mail.
Speedpost International offers a range of SingPost overseas shipping prices depending on your parcel delivery needs. SpeedPost also comes with compensation of up to $150 per shipment in the event of loss.
Similar to SingPost Basic (International) mail, Speedpost International courier rates are also dependent on geographic zones:
- Zone A: Malaysia
- Zone B: Asia except for Australia and New Zealand
- Zone C: Australia, New Zealand, Europe, USA, and Canada
- Zone D: Rest of the world
The fastest of the Speedpost International delivery options, Speedpost Express charges a premium in courier rates but delivers as quickly as two working days, even for destinations in Europe.
Speedpost Express is also the only Speedpost International option that allows multiple packages per shipment.
SingPost courier rates and delivery time for Speedpost Express:
- Zone A: from $25 for documents, from $61 for packages, delivery within 2-3 working days
- Zone B: from $50 for documents, from 106 for packages, delivery within 2-8 working days
- Zone C: from $75 for documents, from $159 for packages, delivery within 2-8 working days
- Zone D: from $100 for documents, from $393 for packages, delivery within 2-8 working days
A balance between speed and price, Speedpost Priority offers expedited delivery within two weeks for destinations all over the globe.
SingPost courier rates and delivery time for Speedpost Priority:
- Zone A: from $20 for documents, from $39 for packages, delivery within 3-8 working days
- Zone B: from $45 for documents, from $78 for packages, delivery within 3-16 working days
- Zone C: from $70 for documents, from $107 for packages, delivery within 4-14 working days
- Zone D: from $95 for documents, from $155 for packages, delivery within 5-14 working days
With delivery via sea, Speedpost Economy is the slowest of the Speedpost International shipping options but is also the cheapest option.
Depending on how long your customer is willing to wait, Speedpost Economy may still be a viable option for ecommerce delivery. Note that Speedpost Economy isn’t available for documents.
SingPost courier rates and delivery time for Speedpost Economy:
- Zone A: from $26 for packages, delivery within 4-6 working weeks
- Zone B: from $37 for packages, delivery within 3-9 working weeks
- Zone C: from $80 for packages, delivery within 5-15 working weeks
- Zone D: from $86 for packages, delivery within 8-15 working weeks
FAQs about SingPost shipping
How long does SingPost take to deliver?
For international delivery, SingPost offers a super speedy Speedpost Express service that delivers packages up to 20kg anywhere in the world as quickly as two working days. Other delivery modes vary depending on whether they're sent by air, sea, or surface freight.
How much is SingPost delivery?
How do I track normal mail in Singapore?
Access a multitude of Singapore shipping options with Shopify
Manage your orders and shipping with a multitude of useful Shopify apps that you can integrate into your online store. Cover everything from printing of delivery labels to returns and exchanges. Easyship, for example, is a powerful tool that gives you access to multiple couriers and shipping solutions, allowing you to compare rates based on a multitude of factors like checkout amounts and shipping destinations while automating your shipping workflow.
With shipping taken care of, you can now dedicate more of your time and effort to marketing your brand, improving your customer experiences, and growing your business beyond borders.
Grow your ecommerce business today — Start your 14-day free trial on Shopify. No credit card required.