Productivity Solutions Grant
Save up to 80% on Shopify plans in Singapore
Get an 80% discount on the leading platform to start, run, and grow your business when you apply through the Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG) before 31st March 2021.
Level up your business with Shopify
Shopify's platform is now listed as one of the digital solutions pre-approved by IMDA for funding support of eligible costs under the Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG), as part of the SMEs Go Digital programme.
Eligible businesses can sign up for Shopify and save up to 80% on their annual Shopify Basic/Shopify/Advanced plan, or up to $6,400 USD on their annual Shopify Plus plan (before 31st March 2021).
Get a quote from Shopify
Submit your business details in the form below and Shopify will provide you with a quote for a Basic, Shopify, Advanced, or Plus plan. You will need this information to apply for the PSG. To be eligible, applicants must be:
Please fill the following for your quote:
Apply for PSG
Complete your PSG Application using the Business Grants Portal. To apply please ensure that your business category is listed as a ‘retail’ business in order for the Shopify subscription to be displayed as an option.
Purchase your annual Shopify plan
Shopify defaults to monthly billing but for the PSG, billing must be annual. For more information, please consult "How to purchase an annual subscription on Shopify" guide.
Submit your final claim
Use the Business Grants Portal to get reimbursed
FAQ about the Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG Grant) and Shopify
Shopify Singapore is proud to announce a generous grant for qualified merchants in Singapore, supported by the IMDA.
From August 2020, Singaporean businesses will be eligible for up to 80% off the annual cost of Shopify Basic, Standard and Advanced plans, and $6,400 USD off their annual Shopify Plus plan.
This grant is valid at up to 80% before 31st March 2021, and will revert to 70% from 1st April, 2021. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications via the Business Grants Portal before then. The grant may be renewed and more details will be released then. In the meantime, head to the IMDA grant page to begin the application process.
Need to speak with a Shopify expert to get started? Find one here.
The Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG) supports Singaporean SMEs in the adoption of pre-scoped IT solutions and equipment that enhances productivity.
From now till 31 March 2021, Singaporean businesses are eligible for up to 80% off the total cost of the Annual Basic, Shopify, Advanced Plans (80% off $3229.20) and up to $6,400 off the total cost of an Annual Plus Plan. The PSG support will revert to 70% from 1 April 2021.
No, please note that applicants must apply for PSG before they have:
- Made any payment to a supplier, vendor or third party in relation to the purchase/lease/subscription of the IT solution or equipment
- Signed any contract with a supplier, vendor or third party in relation to the purchase/lease/subscription of the IT solution or equipment
- Purchase Order or signed acceptance of Quotation/ Contract
- Invoice (Request quotation for an Annual plan from Step 1 above)
- Screenshots showing (i) company name and (ii) name of IT solution
- Licence number(s) of software (minimum one month usage report)
- Receipt or copy of cheque (if payment made by cheque)
- Bank Statement showing payment
Shopify billing defaults to monthly, so before switching to a paid plan, please configure your settings to bill yearly. For more information, please consult “How to purchase an annual subscription on Shopify” guide.
Grant Approval Date + 12 months
Please note that companies need to apply for the PSG on their own and no third party should be able to apply for the grant on the company’s behalf.
The grant is capped at SGD30,000 per entity per financial year (1 April to 31 March). SMEs are free to select the packages they need according to their requirements. For more details, check out our FAQ.
Applicants applying for ESG’s PSG have to be SMEs, non-SMEs will not be supported.
30% of ordinary shares (ultimate individual ownership) has to be held directly or indirectly by Singaporeans/PRs.
For applications supported by ESG, there is a grant cap of $30,000 per entity per year (1 April to 31 March). Example: If an applicant utilises $30,000 in PSG grant monies by Dec. 2018, the applicant would only qualify for PSG again from 1 April 2019.
The equipment or IT solution may be subjected to further cost caps.
Unless otherwise stated, only the actual purchase/lease/hire purchase cost of the equipment or IT solution is supportable, and excludes other related administrative fees/charges, e.g. delivery fees, installation.
Supportable applications are:
- the FIRST purchase of the Solution by the applicant (single device/unit or multiple devices/units);
- subsequent purchase of the Solution to be deployed at a different location
- This means that if the applicant applies subsequently (i.e. after the first application) for the same solution to be deployed at the same location, this application will be rejected.
There may be 2 ways to interpret this query:
- Multiple types of solutions Each application in the Business Grant Portal (BGP) for PSG is only for one type of solution. If an applicant would like to apply for multiple types of solutions e.g. fleet management IT Solution and enhanced POS IT Solution, the applicant would have to submit an application per solution type.
- Multiple devices/units/packages of the same solution Each quotation submitted by the solution vendor to the applicant should indicate if the cost of the package is for 1 device/unit, or 5 devices/units, or 10 devices/units etc. If an applicant would like to apply for multiple devices/units:
- For IT Solutions, applicants would not be able to indicate in the application form the number of solutions to be purchased. Applicants would have to indicate this via the total cost (e.g. number of solutions to be purchased multiplied by the cost of 1 solution). The quotation from the solution vendor should also indicate the number of devices/units the quotation is applicable for.
- For equipment, applicants would be able to indicate the number of pieces of equipment to be purchased, if applicable.
Note that if the package is for 5 devices/units, the applicant would only be able to purchase 5/10/15 etc. devices/units, i.e. in multiples of 5. The applicant would not be able to prorate the cost of the package or package support for 4 devices/unit.
The application would be rejected if the current solution has been supported under PSG to the same location. Deployment to a new location is allowed.
This is not allowed for applications to ESG. Applicants have to select their solutions/equipment (and solutions vendor for IT Solutions) from pre-approved lists.
Yes, this is allowed. However, applicant should ensure that the equipment meets the required specifications and purchase is not made prior to the application. Approval is subjected to assessment. Proper claim documentation such as the certificate of origin, invoice, receipt, delivery order, and any other supporting documents should be furnished at point of claims.
No, this is not allowed. If an applicant intends to change the solution vendor, they would need to withdraw the previous application and submit a new one.
The applicant’s purchase/lease/subscription of the Equipment or IT Solution must be used in Singapore.
There can only be one claim per application.
Disbursements can only be made after all the following have been achieved:
- Claimant has purchased/leased/subscribed to the solution; and
- Claimant has used the solution; and
- Claimant has paid for all expenses claimed; and
- Claimant has submitted all claim documentation
It will take approximately 4-6 weeks, provided that all the required information has been provided at the point of application.
It will take approximately 4-6 weeks, provided that all the required information has been provided at claims submission.
Yes, it is allowed.
An example of the application flow would be as follows:
- Explore solutions
- Get quotations (unsigned)
- Apply for PSG via BGP (upload all necessary documents)
- Await Approval (for assurance before commencing project)
- Awarded PSG
- Purchase solution and implement project
- Used the solution, paid for all expenses
- Submit claim (with necessary documents)
In support of: